11/03/2018

Recycle circus cards - Mixed Up magazine


Sweet Sunday! Mixed Up magazine has an Instagram challenge going on with a hashtag #mixeduprecyclechallenge. You can see the announcement post here (link) and the array of amazing projects that have been submitted already here (link).

I had the challenge pop into my mind when my daughter got a gift box on her birthday party, which had a lovely circus pattern. It seemed such a shame to throw it away, so I took my scissors and cut some of the patterns out.  


After that, I turned them into easy cards. I painted a cream colored cardstock sheet with watercolors and dried it. Then I cut the sheet into circles using a Sizzix Framelits die (link). I also cut some stars using a star die (link) and yellow cardstock. Then I just layered the elements on top of white cardbases and drew a line around using a black marker. To decorate the card a little, I used a golden gel pen and dotted the line around the card and also some stars to the base as well. 

Easy as 1-2-3 and now I have a huge reserve of birthday cards for kids to take to their friends! 


Have you participated to the challenge yet? Or do you have a recycling idea in mind that you could make into a piece of art? Play along! 

Have a great start to the new week! Jolly Sunday evening to you all! 


Materials: Sizzix, Prima Marketing, Sharpie, Sakura




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...